Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back In The Midst

So after a year of slacking off with my writing (aside from random rants on Facebook or answering posts on entertainment news sites I read) I've decided to take all my writing off of Facebook and start giving this blogging thing a try. In all honesty, posting stuff on Facebook is like airing out dirty laundry. All it takes is for some bored schmuck to stumble across something you've rambled about and either report it to the geeks at Facebook or find people to gang up on you. Hmm, that actually sounds familiar. I guess I'm guilty of that. Poor DCA (I'll leave it to the initials since many of you people have the unpleasantry of knowing him) decided to write one of the most disgusting posts ever last week and I called him out on it. In fact, a lot of people did. Well I suppose if you want people to think you're a coward racist who takes pride in the fact he's a bandwagon jumper that's the way to go.

Most of you, and I'm going to guess anyone who isn't a die hard when it comes to cinema, are wondering what in the fuck that title is all about. One of my favorite movies from when I was a teenager was a little Robin Williams ditty called The World According To Garp. The whole damn movie was silly, preposterous, and occasionally bleak - but it was entertaining and brought the world of a struggling writer to the screens back in 1980. Sure, I wasn't born until the year God gifted us with Ghostbusters, but I discovered the movie back in high school and found the parallels astounding. Well, okay, so my mom isn't a women's rights activist who happens to be a nurse, I don't throw a football around with a former Philadelphia Eagles player who thinks he's a chick, and am pretty sure I'm more of a bowler than I'll ever be a wrestler.

Anyway, to the point - I'm hoping to carry on my rants from Facebook about movies, TV, sports, and anything else that grinds my gears and give it a twist. Sure, there are thousands of people out there doing the same thing. But they aren't me. And they can't thank a bumfuck college called Kutztown University for their skewered, strange view at the world. Damnit though, if it wasn't for my times in Beck Hall, I don't know how I would have turned out.

Actually, I think I would have been normal. Oh well. A photo of epic proportions follows the jump;

Damnit I'm still riding on a high on that World Series win. Maybe Rays fans can blame Terry Bradshaw for the bad mojo. He did, after all, put on a Rays hat just before Game 4. If I recall correctly, Tampa Bay would go on to blow the rest of the series. Huh. Guess that Bradshaw is a jinx after all!

No comments: